Head of the division Burabayev Bakhyt Kobenovich, author of 11 scientific papers on biosafety, member of the American Biosafety Association and the Biosafety Association of Central Asia and the Caucasus. In 2009-2011, he participated in the annual conferences of the Biosafety Association of Central Asia and the Caucasus in the Republic of Kazakhstan, the USA, the Kyrgyz Republic and Georgia. He participated in the development of the international standard for laboratory biorisk management CWA 15793: 2008 Belgium in Brussels. In 2013, Burabayev B.K. took part in the international seminar “Laboratory biorisk management standard CWA 15793: understanding and implementation” in Tbilisi. In 2016, Burabayev B.K. took part in a seminar for the East European region on the preparations for the Review Conference of the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and on Their Destruction (BTWC) in Astana.
He participated in the implementation of the program “Development of a science-based monitoring system for especially dangerous diseases of farm animals, birds and fur animals in the Republic of Kazakhstan”. He carried out research on the project “Development of measures and ensuring biological safety during experimental and field work with the causative agent of bird flu.”
For success in work, Burabayev Bakhyt Kobenovich was awarded the lapel badge of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan “For Merits in the Development of Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan”. He has more than 25 certificates on biosafety and biosecurity.
– Development, implementation, updating and monitoring of the institute’s biological safety concept, together with the institute’s directorship, research project managers and laboratory and division heads.
– Development, implementation and coordination of a biological risk management program.
– Development of measures to enhance biological protection in conjunction with the deputy director general for regime and security and the chief engineer of the institute.
– Development and implementation of organization standards and other normative and regulatory documents governing biological safety requirements and measures for their observance and maintenance.
– Examination of scientific and technical programs, technical regulations, standard operating procedures and other regulatory documents developed at the institute for compliance with biological safety requirements.
– Development and monitoring of training programs for scientific, auxiliary and technical personnel in methods and techniques of safe operation and biological risk reduction.
– Conducting a preliminary assessment of biological risks and, on its basis, issuing permission to carry out certain activities with pathogens in the laboratories of the institute.
– Conducting planned validation of organization standards and other normative and regulatory documents governing biological safety requirements and measures for their observance and maintenance.
– Supervision of compliance with biosafety standards and requirements during the construction, reconstruction and redevelopment of laboratory buildings.
– Control of the issue of new international biosafety standards, amending existing legislation and the coming into force of new domestic regulations governing biosafety requirements and standards and bringing this information to all interested parties.
Development of a form for assessing the biological risks associated with the study of pathogens in susceptible animals in the premises of the RIBSP isolators and introduction for identification of biological risks and determination of measures to reduce or eliminate them.
Burabayev B.K., Dzhebekov K.K., Sansyzbay A.R. Experience in the implementation of the CEN CWA 5793: 2008 standard and prospects for the implementation of the CWA 16335: 2011 and CWA 16393: 2012 standards into the practice of RIBSP // EBSA International conference 2017. 2017. (in Russian)
Dzhebekbekov K.K., Burabayev B.K., Moldagulova S.U., Dzhaldybayeva A.E. The main stages of the development of the biosafety system in RIBSP// Materials of International scientific-practical conference devoted to 80-th anniversary of the honored scientist, professor V.L. Zaitsev, Guardeyskiy u.t.s., July 13, 2015. – Guardeyskiy, 2015 .– P.98-100. (in Russian)
Dzhebekbekov K.K., Sansyzbay A.R., Burabayev B.K., Suleymanova G.A. Evaluation of the quantitative and qualitative composition of atmospheric emissions using the example of the Scientific Research Institute for Biological Safety (RIBSP) “Izdenister, natizheler” (Research, Results) journal – KazNAU 2013 (in Russian)
Kormakova N.F. Burabayev B.K. Kubegenova N.G. Valiyeva A.D. Dzhebekbekov K.K. Kishikov E.T. Sansyzbay A.R // Development and maintenance of the biosafety and bioprotection program at RIBSP. Materials of International scientific and practical conference “The current ecological state of the Aral Sea region, prospects for solving problems.” – 2011 (in Russian)
Koshemetov Zh.K., Nurabayev S.Sh., Matveyeva V.M., Azhibayev A.Zh., Burabayev B.K., Koryagina M.I., Burabayev A.A., Abdurayimov E.O. Comparative evaluation of isolated by various methods virus-specific immunoglobulins against peste des petits ruminants in laboratory test systems // Materials of International scientific-practical conference devoted to the 50-th anniversary of the Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems “Biotechnology in Kazakhstan: Problems and Prospects for Innovative Development”, Almaty, May 19-21, 2008. – Almaty, 2008 .– S. 350-353. (in Russian)
Belousov V.Yu., Koshemetov Zh.K., Burabayev B.K. Causes of the death of sheep and goats in the Republic of Tajikistan in 2006 // Materials of International scientific-practical conference devoted to the 50-th anniversary of the Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems “Biotechnology in Kazakhstan: Problems and Prospects for Innovative Development”, Almaty, May 19-21, 2008. – Almaty, 2008 .– S. 350-353. (in Russian)
Implementation of a biological risk management system in all departments of the institute.
Continuous improvement of biosafety and biosecurity.
Formation of personal responsibility of each employee for biological safety at his site.
Work phone: +7 726 (36) 7-22-28, ext. 139